Breadless Eggs Benny
Author: Brice Verhoog
- 4 eggs
- ½ butternut squash
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 large handfuls of spinach 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- See my recipe for Blender Hollandaise
- Peel the squash and cut off the ends. You only need half so chop up the rest and put in a container to use for dinner later.
- Cut into 1 inch thick rounds and microwave for 1.5 minutes on high, flip and microwave for another 1.5 minutes
- Cut 4 pieces of bacon in half and cook in a non-stick pan
- Now, an egg poacher is not necessary to poach eggs, there are many ways. That being said, those ways are messy, not as nice to look at and usually taste of vinegar. An egg poacher was one of my finest purchases!
- Use the same pan that the bacon was in, add the mushrooms and spinach, cook for 3- 5 minutes with the lid on the pan.
- Now, place the squash on the bottom, add the mushrooms and spinach
- Add the eggs on top
- And add some of my gluten-free blender hollandaise and enjoy!