Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Author: Brice Verhoog
- 2 cups of dark chocolate chips or 70% bakers chocolate
- 6 tbsps natural or no salt/sugar added peanut butter (smooth peanut butter will do in a pinch but do not omit the coconut oil or it will not set properly)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Muffin Wrappers
- Buy muffin wrappers (I doubled up for sturdiness). Warm the chocolate however you choose. You can use a heat safe dish and put it in the oven for on 400 for a few minutes, use the microwave, or do what I did and place a pot full of boiling water on the stove, then use a stainless steel bowl and place on the top. Within minutes you have warmed chocolate that will not harden
- For the easiest way to keep things in tact if you have the room, place wrappers in a muffin tin for shape and movement. Pour a spoonful of chocolate into the papers. Then use the spoon to coat the sides about halfway up to make the bottom portion of your cup. You should be able to make between 10 and 12 peanut butter cups. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- While the chocolate freezes, place the peanut butter and coconut oil in a sauce pan and warm until smooth and creamy. Remove chocolate from freezer and place a spoonful and a half (two if you can fit it and you had enough peanut butter at the end) in each cup. Place back in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and place the remaining spoonful and a half of chocolate over the hardened peanut butter and chocolate. Freeze for an additional 2 hours and VOILA! Peanut buttery, chocolatey goodness without all of the additives!