Herbed Gluten-Free Pizza
Author: Brice Verhoog
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- 1.5 tsp. xanthan gum (necessary for gluten free baking)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. basil
- 5 Tbsp. good quality parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 5 oz. warm water
- 1 Tbsp. active dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
Sauce and Topping Ingredients:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, baked & chopped
- 1.5 cups of cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 or 5 slices of fresh prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of chopped fresh basil
- 1.5 cups of good quality mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix first 7 crust ingredients in bowl and set aside.
- Dissolve 1 tsp. of sugar into 5 oz. of warm water and sprinkle with yeast. Stir to mix. Let sit for 3-4 minutes until a good head of froth is visible on top.
- In a medium-sized bowl, break 2 eggs and add 1 Tbsp. oil. Combine briefly with electric mixer or standing mixer on high speed.
- When yeast is ready, add to the egg mixture. Mix briefly with mixer on medium speed.
- Add half of the flour and blend in with a wooden spoon. Then add remaining flour and stir until combined, being careful not to over-mix ingredients. The dough will resemble a thick batter.
- Spray pizza pan with oil, if not using a non-stick pan. Place the dough on the pan and use a wooden spoon or spatula to spread the dough. Allow to rise for 10-15 minutes. It won’t raise a lot but you will see some puffiness in the crust.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove partially cooked crust from oven.
- Combine olive oil, salt and garlic cloves, brush onto pizza crust.
- Add all other topping ingredients, add the mozzarella last. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.