‘Tis the season for over-indulgence and presents! In my house, it is a struggle to avoid sweet and/or salty snacks at this time of year, so I thought I would try something new. I had raw pecans and of course my trusty Primal Palate organic spices and I was hungry right after breakfast…so of course the most logical thing to do was to create a recipe using bacon fat, pecans, spices and maple syrup!
The best part about this recipe is it is fast and EASY!
- Serves: 2 cups
- Serving size: 1 handful
- Calories: 119
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8g
- Sugar: 5.2g
- Sodium: 62.9g
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 2.4mg
- Heat a heavy pan to low-medium heat.
- Pour in pecans, bacon fat and maple syrup and heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Make sure not to let the nuts stick to the pan, keep a good eye on them.
- Add the salt and apple pie spice. Continue stirring for another 5 or so minutes (the nuts should be well coated and have very little excess sauce in the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Place parchment on a baking sheet and pour contents of the pan onto the sheet.
- Allow to cool until no longer warm to the touch.