Blender Hollandaise Sauce
Author: Brice Verhoog
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp organic dijon mustard
- 1½ teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch cayenne pepper (or a dash of hot sauce)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Fist you need to add the egg yolk, lemon juice,dijon mustard, salt and cayenne in a blender.
- Pulse a few times to combine.
- Put the butter in a small microwave safe bowl and melt in a microwave until just melted (it won't take long).
- With the blender running on low (preferably with the lid on but middle piece removed), gradually add the melted butter into the egg to make a smooth frothy sauce.
- Serve immediately or keep warm.