Creamy Asparagus Soup
Author: Brice Verhoog
- 1kg (2.2 lbs) asparagus, woody ends removed
- 1 head of a cauliflower, chopped
- olive oil
- 2 medium white onions, peeled and chopped
- 10 sticks of celery, trimmed and chopped
- 4 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 3 litres of organic chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp ground white pepper
- 1 cup of 11% greek yogurt
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Chop the tips off your asparagus and put these to one side for later.
- Roughly chop the asparagus.
- In a large, deep pan at medium heat, add a good lug of olive oil.
- Gently sautee the onions and celery for around 10 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the chopped asparagus stalks, cauliflower, spinach and stock and simmer for 20 minutes with a lid on.
- Remove from the heat and use an immersion blender.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the soup back on the heat, stir in the asparagus tips, bring back to the boil and simmer for a few more minutes until the tips have softened.
- Add the greek yogurt and stir until it disappears.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and serve.